Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Isabelle told me she was going to stay home from the doctor's office today. I told her the visit was for Karter and finally convinced her to come. She was sure to tell me over and over again that she did NOT need a shot. I guess she didn't like the flu shot she got at his last visit.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
As for Isabelle, she loves Dora right now. She talks about Dora quite a bit. She often is Dora and I'm Boots, Jakob is Diego, you get the picture. Well, Grampy and Grammy got Isabelle a special surprise this trip. Yes, now Dora can be with Isabelle all the time. She was very excited.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
This trip was spent sitting around the house most days. All of our visitors got sick, with the stomach flu and with colds!! There were a couple miserable days. I felt so bad that they came and were sick. We just sat around most days. We watched General Conference the weekend they were here, got together for games, watch a few episodes of House, played some Dr. Mario, squeezed in a trip to the Zoo, but mostly just sat around.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
What he is doing:
- Talking a lot. Lots of da, da, da. He also loves to growl. He is making this funny throat thing everytime he laughs or cries.
- He has two volumes. Quiet and happy. Crying at the top of his lungs mad. He really doesn't spend a lot of time in between. Either he is happy and content or he is not.
- Rolling and scooting to get where he wants to go. He has never liked being on his tummy, so we have really had to work to get him on the ground. Isabelle hasn't helped!! She constantly is smothering him with her love and attention, thus making it difficult to keep the kid enjoying his mobility.
- Eating lots of pureed food. He doesn't do great with chunks in his food, he just wants to spit them out, but he is getting better.
- Still getting up once in the night and drinks a full bottle. We have attempted letting him cry it out, but we haven't been successful. I'm struggling with this a bit, both of my older kids were sleeping through the night at this point. One at 2 1/2 months, one at 4 1/2 months. I do have a plan that I will be implementing soon, so hopefully we will get this little munchkin sleeping all night long.
- Smiles at everyone and will let anyone hold him. He is starting to get a little nervous when there are a lot of people and he can't see mom, but so far he still does great going to others.
- Loves to play with toys. He is not content to sit, he has to have toys in his hands. Luckily I have lots of helpers to help me get this guy toys whenever he insist on having them or has dropped one.
- He has 5 teeth and his 6th one is almost in!
- Enjoys walks, bottles, tickles, soft blankies, "wrestling" with Daddy, the camera flash (always makes him look and smile), watching his brother and sister, bath time, chewing on books, trying to watch TV, as much Mom attention as he can get! Does not like his car seat, pureed brocolli, not being able to see Mom, changing his diaper right when he wakes up, Isabelle in his face, trying to fall asleep anywhere other then his crib!
I just love my little guy and am so grateful to him in my life. Just the other day a friend of mine mentioned that he was so worth the months of bedrest. He was worth that and so much more. I'm so grateful he is here with us, growing, thriving, and loving life.