Thursday, April 29, 2010
We have seen deer, raccoon, hawks, snails, snakes, a rabbit, bats, chipmunks, mice and shrews (sp?), and birds and squirrels are part of daily living. We live right in town but it feels like we are out in the country. The kids have so much room to play and love to be outside. I can do projects outside that I could never do in our townhome. The house is coming along, slowly, but it is moving in the right direction. There is so much potential and it will be beautiful when it is finished.
I have been amazed at peoples reaction when they have seen our home. They are so complementary. Where I see an overgrown yard, they see a wonderful place for the kids to play. Where I see an old porch and deck, they see a place to enjoy the view and our beautiful sunsets. Where I see an old house that needs so much work, they see an open floor plan for entertaining and the possibility to have the house just the way I want it. They have helped me see it. Now, for the most part, I have stopped apologizing for my home when people come to visit. I'm truly grateful for what we have and for the choices we have made. I'm far from perfect but I feel that I'm headed in the right direction. Photos like the one above help me to see why we chose what we chose and live where we live.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Okay, so I have to get serious about eating healthy and exercising. I was able to lose the post baby weight with my first two kids but I haven't been able to lose it all since having Karter. I can attribute it to a lot of things, but the main reason why I haven't lost the weight is I haven't been willing to push myself just a little more. In the past I have been able to lose weight by eating right for a few days and then I could splurge a bit. Then I would jump back on the next day and get back on track. It wasn't the best/fastest way to lose weight, but it made me happy and the weight would slowly come off. It hasn't worked this time.
I will eat/exercise great for a few days and then I will splurge on eating. It throws me for a loop. It is so hard for me to eat right the next day. When I do finally jump back on it takes me a few days to get back to where I was before and then I splurge again. (See the cycle??) I have tried to stay eating right for longer periods of time and I have struggled with feeling deprived, convincing myself that I can get away with splurging, and fall back into this old cycle. I know how to lose weight, I know what I need to eat, I know what I need to do to exercise, I just need to be motivated and accountable.
So, this is where my lovely blog comes in. I haven't posted a lot about eating/exercising/weight loss in the past, but trust me, it is a huge part of my daily life. Not that I'm great about doing it (as you can tell by the post above) but I'm always THINKING and TRYING and STRUGGLING with it. I just want to lose the weight and be done with it once and for all. I'm sick of it being such a huge part of my life. So, here is what I'm going to do. (Are you still with me??) I'm going to be accountable to you. I'm listing the things I'm dedicating myself to for the next two months and I will report back weekly with how I have done. I would love to hear your feedback on what I could do better or different ideas for what has worked for you.
- April 25, 2010 - June 24, 2010
- Eight glasses of water a day
- 1200 calories a day
- No refined sugar, dairy, or white flour
- No more then 2 servings of bread (tortillas, pitas, etc.) a day
- 1 quart of Rice Cream/Soy Cream a week (to be eaten throughout the week and added as part of the calories each day)
- Exercise 5 hours a week
- Track everything you eat
- Report on blog each Monday
Okay, that is it. I'm wanting to up the exercising, I'm exercising about 2-5 hours a week right now, but with everything else to do on the list I better stick with trying to get the solid five each week. If I can do this for the next two months I know I will see results! And, now I'm accountable. I have to do it.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Fun Facts To Know About Karter
- He loves to drive cars all over the house.
- Some nights he wakes up crying and he won't let me comfort him. He just cries and cries until he goes back to sleep. So sad!
- His favorite thing to say is "stinky poo-poo."
- He loves to go outside. He will bring me his shoes, saying "shoe, shoe,"so I will put them on so he can go out and play.
- He will eat spoonfuls of peanut butter in one sitting.
- When we get him out of bed he wants us to help him grab blanket after blanket and whatever stuffed animals have ended up with him. He basically cleans out his crib. He tries to hold them all and carry them around the house. He is quite a sight with his sleepy, determined face.
- He does not give kisses on command. You have to wait until he is in a cuddly mood and then he will give you kiss after kiss after kiss. He will smoosh your face and kiss your lips. I have to admit, he gives the best kisses. My kissable, lovable boy.