Friday, May 13, 2011

Naps

I took a nap today.  Yes, I do that, I take naps.  It was lovely.  Naps are truly an experience.  I have been taking them on Sundays, my mom use to do that.  It was never something I thought I would do, but now here I am doing it.  Have you tried it?  On Sunday we will put Karter for his nap and Steve will watch the kids while I sleep.  I love it!  I cuddle up in my bed, dressed, with the blinds open to let some light in, and read until I'm sleepy.  Its not like going to bed at night, its magical, and I wake up with so much energy.  So worth the time it takes out of my day. 
During the week I usually don't nap but sometimes I do.  I'll put Karter down and set Isabelle up with a movie (this is a treat) or have her play quietly.  I sneak off to bed and try just to sleep for about 20 minutes.  Its just enough to give me energy for the rest of the day but not keep me up later at bedtime. 
Today I crashed for over 2 hours.  Fridays have been my crafty/scrapbook/creative days.  Today I didn't do anything creative, I took a nap, and didn't feel guilty.  Now I'm sharing it with you.  I read this lovely post on naps awhile ago that you might enjoy.  Naps.  Try it, you might like it, you may even love it. 
Photos above were taken with my silly boy.  This last one I have framed in our entry way.  This weekend we are planning to make our garden boxes and I'm finally planning to puts some plants in my hanging baskets and pots.  Gardening is on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment