Friday, October 18, 2013

To Have and To Hold Day 18 | Strategically Take Care of Yourself

Strategically take care of yourself so you can take care of him.  It is that concept of if you are empty, you have nothing to give.  Yes, I know that this isn't always the case.  I know that there are times that I feel I have nothing and I reach down deep inside and am able to still give.  But, in an overall sense of the concept, I believe it is great to work in time to take care of yourself. 

For me this boils down to sleep, eating healthy, exercise, quiet times, and taking some time to do something I love.  If I can take the time to do these things on a daily basis I'm a much happier person.  Sometimes taking care of yourself isn't the funnest (going to bed early, getting up early to exercise, and skipping a bowl of ice cream aren't my favorite)  or the easiest (quiet time, what's that?) but they make such a difference.  It is what grown ups do, the see and know and do the hard things. 

Then we turn around and give and serve and work and sweat and wipe away tears and laugh and love and serve and work some more.  And we also have time to laugh and play and focus and listen.  We have the energy to have more fun and enjoy life more fully with the ones we love most.  Take care of yourself so you can take better care of him.

You can find the rest of the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment