For 2013 I set 35 goals to be completed in my 35th year and I also made a few goals at the beginning of 2013. Quite a lot going on in the goal department, a bit much. This next year I will just be making my list of 36 in 36, lots of fun things to be done, but also my yearly goals will be included in this list. Everything will be in one place. Much more manageable. I'm working on these for this coming year and putting a lot of thought into them. So hopeful and excited for this coming year. But before I put up that list, here is a review of my 2013 goals.
2013 Goal Review
- No processed sugar.
- No gluten.
- Spend less.
- Set monthly goals.
- Exercise 6 days a week.
- Read Ensign each month.
I did well on not eating processed sugar and gluten, with only a 3-4 cheats. I'll continue to be mostly processed sugar and gluten free in 2014.
I spent less but didn't track it.
I set monthly goals in January, February, April, September, and November.
Exercise. I could have done so much better in this area. This will definitely be a goal for 2014 (isn't it one every year.) I couldn't figure out how to do it well, with a baby and little sleep and lots of kids to shuttle around. It was hard to do at the beginning of the year, I planned and scheduled my summer and was able to exercise a lot, and tapered off a bit during the fall and winter. Definitely starting fresh in January.
The Ensign was another fail. I read a bit here and there but did not keep up with it.
My 35 in 35 review. I accomplished or worked on 16 out of the 35 goals. I have highlighted these 16 below. Not great but it is 16 goals. As I reviewed this list, I saw many goals that I accomplished that I would not have worked on if they had not been added to the list. As I said in an earlier blog post, I'm letting go of most of these, and only adding them to my new goals of 2014 if they still inspire me. I know when I make these lists that I probably won't finish them all, and I'm okay with that. I understand why 2013 was a year where I wasn't able to accomplish as much as I had hoped. I set them to inspire and push me to do more. I enjoyed the process and the results. I'm letting go of the guilt.
- Hike Saddle Mountain
- Make Monthly Goals on Blog (Accomplished in January, February, April, September, and November)
- Swim in the Ocean
- Sleep Through the Night (At Least Once) (My baby started sleeping through the night in January, so I had lots of nights where I slept through the night. So grateful.)
- Take Kids to Disneyland (We went in March.)
- Take an Institute Class
- Organize our DVDs (I worked on but did not complete.)
- Do an Online Wardrobe Challenge
- 35 New Meals (I recorded 7 new meals.)
- Visit Chiropractor (I started seeing a Naturopath instead.)
- Go On a Horseback Ride
- Get a Massage (Steve set up an appointment for me on my birthday.)
- Bike to New Seasons
- Read A Christmas Carol
- Visit Bend, OR (We went a couple times this last year.)
- Cut Short Bangs (I cut these early on in the year.)
- Buy $100+ Pair of Jeans
- Reconnect With Old Friend (I reconnected with a missionary companion.)
- Decorate Master Bedroom (Yes, I did this and loved how it turned out.)
- Finish Reading Old Testament
- Take a Yoga Class (I was proud of myself for taking this class and I loved it.)
- Hike Multnomah Falls
- Document This List
- Get a Facial
- Dress Up Fancy and Go On a Date
- Visit Dermotologist
- Walk To Water Tower
- Invite New Friends Over For Dinner (We did this.)
- 35 Pinterest Projects
- Scrapbook 15 Minutes a Day (Not everyday, not even close, but somedays I did.)
- Watch Les Miserables (Can't Wait!) (So very intense, I don't know if I would watch it again.)
- Take a Swimming Class
- Host a Favorite Things Party
- Go To Book Club (Loved going.)