Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wintery Days






 





 




 





 
We are heavy into the Christmas Season now.  I am wishing school was done, that piano recitals were over, that work would slow down for my hubby.  I'm feeling the need to hunker down and wrap ourselves in.  It is coming soon and I cannot wait.

Lots of crafting going on around here.  My littlest just got his first big boy haircut.  He looks older and every time I look at him it kind of breaks my heart.  Still keeping up with December Daily and will be sharing a new post soon.  The basement bedroom is done and I couldn't be more pleased.  I love the light blue walls (same blue that is in Beckett's room and the upstairs bath) and the large size.  It is the biggest bedroom in the house and it will be both bedroom and playroom for my boys.  Love that things are slowly moving back to where they should be.  We will switch around bedrooms tomorrow.  A bit more chaos, but so close to the finish line now that I really don't mind.

I am so enjoying this time of year.  Yes, there is much to do, but I'm trying so hard to do a little everyday and to enjoy the process of wrapping, baking, crafting with kids, and making.  I keep telling myself a little everyday will get me to where I want to be.  I'm enjoying the season so much more as I focus on the process and the meaning of all that needs to be done.  Reading at night with the family has been a lovely way to focus on the true meaning of the season.  It keeps us focused on Christ. 

I'm off to enjoy watching Julie & Julia now while I knit a few dishcloths.  I'll get all cozy under a quilt and snuggle up with some yarn.  If I'm lucky, Steve may even join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment