Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow and Science



















It briefly snowed this morning.  There is something effortless about the snow falling.  It just starts to slowly fall, a few and then more, finally filling the sky with white.  It only came down for a few minutes and then it stopped.  I wish we lived in a place where it snowed more.  Those that are buried in it now may not agree, but I do wish for a few weeks of snow during the winter months. 

We have slowly been working on the kid's science projects for the upcoming science fair.  So interesting to see their personalities in what they choose to do, Jakob choosing exploding plastic bags and Isabelle choosing colored roses.  We had mild success mixing water, baking soda, and vinegar to explode our plastic bags.  We will try again later this week.

I've been experimenting a bit more with light and my camera.  I have a thing for overexposed photos.  I kind of love them.  We need a family photo.  I've been working on our cover page for our 2014 album but am waiting on a current family photo.  I also want to have current individual photos of each of us, or maybe just the kids.  I need to take the time to take some photos. 

We made Chicken Pot Pie Soup from a recipe my sister in law sent my way.  She made it for us a couple years ago and we have talked about it ever since.  I finally asked for the recipe, we have made it in the crockpot these last two Sundays, and it did not disappoint.  I'll share the recipe in an upcoming 35 meals post. 

I've been reading a stack of books from my 2014 book list.  The Secret Keeper, Luncheon of the Boating Party, and The 4th Thousand Year.  In the mail I received A Million Little Ways, Notes From a Blue Bike, and Deliberate Motherhood.  I love stacks of books and cozy evenings in bed reading.  I haven't had one of those in awhile, I need to make sure a plan a few of those in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment