Saturday, May 17, 2014

Simple Days








I enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day and felt spoiled and loved by my little crew of people.  They take good care of me, my little bunch of mischievous rascals.

We have spent lots of time these last few days opening windows, playing outside, and breathing deeply.  In my home I'm letting go and purging and simplifying and it feels so good!  I want to be ready for this summer, with things in order, with less stuff in my house, less tasks on my brain, and more time to spend with my family and friends.

Spring soccer is in full swing.  We spend a good chunk of our Saturdays with all three of the older kids outside on the field.  It has been so much fun to watch and cheer my kids on, especially as they have gotten older and really try, push, and excel.

I have added a few more plants around the house.  I should post some photos of our hanging baskets and planter boxes.  I'm loving impatiens this year.  I planted some old favorites, shamrock, violas, alyssum, and petunias.  I've also added some white and orange poppies to the mix.  It is a pretty mix and I'm excited to see them grow.

I'm hoping to get out in the garden and finish all of the planting out there this week.  They weather is perfect for outdoor work and I'm hopeful I can get it all done.  Loving this time of year, the sunshine and the freshening up of spring and summer fill our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment