Monday, May 12, 2014

Thrifting Finds

 
I thought I would share some items from my latest thrifting adventure.  I haven't been to the thrift store in awhile, trying to get rid of items in our home and not bring anymore in.  But we are in need of plates and bowls, and I'm always on the lookout for special, unique items.  Here are a few things that I found on this last visit.
 
White dinner plates and smaller plates. 
 
Poetry and Talmage's Jesus the Christ. 
 
I have The Secret Garden stitched addition of this book.  When I saw this stitched addition of Emma, I had to get it.  Both copies will go in my girl's room.
 
I have been using these hangers for a couple of the gallery wall projects.  They are so perfect for so many things, photos, artwork, baby clothes, and for a couple dollars for 6 hangers, you can't beat that. 
 
I found another Martha book to add to my collection.  This one is so fun.
 
I also found a couple tops and a striped gray and white boyfriend sweater for me.  I didn't try them on and lucked out that all of them fit great when I got home.  I haven't been buying clothes at thrift stores the last few years, opting to spend the money on fewer quality items from stores and styles that I know and trust.  I'm still trying to figure out how to shop for my wardrobe.  Trying to simplify and buy quality items that I know fit great  that will last.  But these tops have been great and so fun to wear these last few days.  We will see if I keep wearing them over the summer and if they are a good additions to my summer wardrobe.  Though I have to becareful, I think thrifting for clothes will always have a place in my wardrobe. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Callie!! Just wanted to let you know that my son, Samuel drew your name for the April book club! You are the winner of the book, A Year of Mornings! Please drop me a line at thesimplewoman@gmail.com with your address so I can get your book in the mail. Thank you for taking part and I hope you continue taking part in future months. The May link is up at my blog if you wish to for this month :-)
    Peggy
    the simple woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go thrifting with you when we come!

    ReplyDelete