- His memory is impeccable.
- He always want chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for his birthdays.
- He is very concerned about whirlwinds, tornados, and dust devils right now.
- He is funny, likes to be funny, and is very much experimenting with humor right now. He says the cutest, funniest things.
- He loves friends, playdates, his friends from school and church are very important to him.
- He has a tender heart, he loves to cuddle and kiss goodnight.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
How does your 3rd baby turn 6!?! How is that even possible? Didn't I just deliver this beautiful baby boy and now he is all grown up into a school age, thoughtful, funny kid. Here are 6 things I adore about this boy of mine.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
We loved celebrating this girl's birthday this last week. What an amazing daughter we have and we feel so blessed to share our days with her. We celebrated with a trip to the beach, dinner at Mo's Seafood Grill in Newport, and lots of American Doll accessories and my Little Pony gifts to open. She wanted to smash her face in a cake (funny girl), so we bought a piece of cake especially for that. She blew out 8 candles, yes 8, how is that possible?? It was a delightful day to spend celebrating together. Below are 8 things a love about this girl of ours.
- I adore her passion for life. I love that it is contagious to those around her.
- I love her femininity, her joy in being a girl and in girly things.
- She connects with others, is concerned for others, and reachers out to others so very often.
- She has such a tender heart.
- She loves to help do jobs and works hard to get things done.
- I adore that she loves to organize and make things pretty.
- She shares often with others, sometimes sharing things that she would love to keep.
- She is very thoughtful, thinking and pondering through tough issues and hard situations.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
This has to be one of the most awesome places for a field trip. We have loved going with each of our children. The funny thing is that I have lucked out on the two gorgeous days when I chaperoned, Steve chaperoned during the one rainy, wet day. This day was a gorgeous day to spend with a very happy little boy. He talked about it for weeks before the big day. I love one on one time with each of my kiddos and this day did not disappoint. Sweet moments I'll always remember.
Sunday, July 20, 2014
I thought I would share some photos we took of my Isabelle in her baptism dress. My amazingly generous mother made the beautiful dress, I added the rolled flowers to the sash, and Grandma gifted the gloves and shoes. Isabelle was all in during this photo shoot. We worked together to style her hair and dress. She had here opinion on how to style and pose in each photos. She had much to say and was very much involved in the creative process, sharing her opinions, we worked as a team. I loved it.
We are preparing for this girl's baptism in a couple weeks. She is so ready to make this promise to her Heavenly Father and we couldn't be happier. We have been reading, talking, studying, and preparing for this special day for awhile now and she is so prepared. She impresses me daily with her happiness, her sensitivity to others and her willingness to do what is right. I'm so happy for her, for making this choice in her life, and I'm catching glimpses of her future and all that lays ahead.
Saturday, July 19, 2014
For this week's activity, we made gak. You can find the recipe for it here. This was such a fun activity to do. Easy, messy, and even my 11 year old joined in for part of it. He likes mixing and activity based crafts. I pinned it on my kid's activity board, you can find this pin and other fun pins on that board here.
This is his smile for photos these days. Not every time but a lot of the time. Love this kid.
His toothless grin. He has lost another tooth and still now sign of his other teeth coming in yet. I'll miss this toothless grin.
Here is the list of summer crafts we are working our way through.
Summer Crafts 2014
Tin Can Lanterns
Watercolor & Crayon Pond Art
Mini Art Garland
We have vacationed the last couple of weeks and I will play catch up on the couple of weekly crafts I missed posting. Link to the original post in our summer crafts series here. Link to my 6 Steps to An Awesome Summer here.