Monday, August 18, 2014

A Baby Shower

 











Here are photos from a recent baby shower we had for my sister in law.  She is having her second baby girl and we couldn't be more thrilled for a new little girl to be added to our family.  We kept things simple with a pink and gold color scheme.  I love planning a good party and it was lovely to work on it with my mom and sister.  

Invitations | I printed the invites on white cardstock, backed it on pink paper, added a strip of pretty pink and gold patterned paper, and I experimented and added a book page flower, that I smooshed them to fit in the envelopes.  I ended up loving the result of the smooshed flower.

Decorations | For decorations we did a few new simple banners, with gold circles, half circles and triangles. I also added a pink circle banner that I had made and saved.  We added pink paper plates, a glass jar full of gumballs, pink polk-a-dot straws, cupcake "it's a girl" inserts, and white flowers in blue mason jars.  

Refreshments | We made cucumber sandwiches, a dried cherry/almond salad, artichoke dip, crackers, melon ball skewers, cheesecake, and lemon poppyseed cupcakes.

Party Favors | Our favors were pink baskets with gold wrapped candies and fun small spiral decorated notebooks.

Games | I just printed off a couple games I found through pinterest and my mom bought a couple small gifts. The games were super fun and interactive, which I think is the best for showers.  You can find the games I used here and here. 

I love coming together to celebrate and so enjoy all the simple touches that make evenings like these so special. Such a fun evening celebrating this soon to be born little girl!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment