Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Home Decorating Philosophy and Trends Day 1 | Introduction


For the next 31 days I will be joining the Nester and blogging about my philosophy on how I decorate my home.  Like many of you, I have an average size home that I decorate myself.  In the last 13 years we have lived in an apartment and four houses.  We have added 4 children and our dog Lucy to the mix.  We have remodeled and added on, painting and scrubbed.  I have ordered, created, experimented and collected.  My home is full of items and collections of things that I love and have acquired throughout the years.  As I have worked on my home, I have noticed many trends and patterns in the way that I decorates and have discovered an overall philosophy to my decorating approach.

I'll be sharing a variety of posts and lots of practical tips on what has worked for me.  Join me for the next 30 days as I share what has inspired me in my home.

Day 1 | Introduction
Day 2 |  Define Your Style
Day 3 | The Foundation
Day 4 |  Garlands
Day 5 |  Wreaths
Day 6 |  Color
Day 7 |  Photos
Day 8 |  Books
Day 9 |  Handmade
Day 10 |  Texture
Day 11 |  Using What You Have
Day 12 |  Using What You Love
Day 13 |  Thrifted Items
Day 14 |  On Matching
Day 15 |  Old Windows
Day 16 |  Ornament Tree
Day 17 |  The Odd Number Rule
Day 18 |  Rugs
Day 19 |  Baskets
Day 20 |  Letters
Day 21 |  Clean Start
Day 22 |  Painted Furniture
Day 23 |  Art Prints
Day 24 | Glass Containers
Day 25 |  Pillows & Throws
Day 26 |  Unique & Quirky
Day 27 |  Not Matchy, Matchy
Day 28 |  Nature
Day 29 |  Holiday Decor
Day 30 |  Cross-Stitched
Day 31 |  Contentment

You can also find our home tour here.


No comments:

Post a Comment